Meatless Monday: Fettucine Alfredo
This recipe is from one of my favorite cook books. The cook book is One-Pot Meals: Flavor Without the Fuss…Home-Cooked Dinners Your Family Will Love. It’s true for most of the recipes you really do only use one pot! Nice for those evenings where you just do not want to clean up.
4 table spoons of butter
3 table spoons of flour
2 cups of milk
1/8 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
¼ teaspoon of salt
1/8 teaspoon white pepper
1 ½ cup of grated Parmesan cheese, divided
12 ounce package of fettucine, cooked
- Heat butter on high one minute
- Stir in four and blend well
- Stir in milk, cayenne pepper, salt and white pepper.
- Heat on high 4 to 5 minutes or until thick, stir a few times
- Stir one cup parmesan cheese until melted.
- Toss with pasta
- Sprinkle with rest of cheese
Concerned Ski Bum